Social media reporting is an integral part of social media marketing. For creating a good content strategy, it is important to track your audience’s response to your content. Moreover, you also need to know which segments of your audience should you actually focus on. Using a good social media reporting tool, you can uncover all your important social media metrics and gain insights on the same.
What is a social media report?
A social media report is a compilation of insights on your social media performance. It is basically, an account of the response on part of your audience to all your social media actions and initiatives.
When you post a picture of your product through your Instagram or Facebook page, for instance, you may get likes, comments or other reactions in response. You can use social media analytics tools to capture all the audience – related data. Once all the audience data has been captured, social media reports with comprehensive insights are generated.
These social media reports are an assessment of the returns on your investment. Although social media is an affordable platform for marketing your brand, a lot goes into enhancing your social media performance . You will likely hire a team of social media experts, invest in paid campaigns, devote efforts and time to optimise your social media performance.
A social media report will give direction to your strategies and ensure that your investment is brining you close to your desired results.
Social media reports can be as expansive as you want depending upon your social media goals. For instance, if you are a newbie on a given social media platform, you would want to identify the content types with maximum engagement.
Is it picture content, video content or other forms of content that are drawing most of engagement? At what time is your group of followers/ target audience most active?
In another case, for instance, you may be experiencing slow conversions online. You may want to dissect and examine each and every aspect of your social media data. Where are your social media efforts lagging behind? What changes do you need to make in your social media strategy for a better conversion rate?
With social media reports, you can get quick solutions and derive a plan of action accordingly.
For generating a social media report, you first need to employ a good social media analytics tool. Most of the social media platforms come with their own default analytics tools, which you can use. But for a more efficient and in-depth analysis, third-party analytics tools may be good. These help you in deriving a more valuable and actionable insights on your social media performance.
Social media analytics tools keep deriving insights on your social media actions continuously. In the analytics tool for Unbox Social, for instance, you can find graphs and charts accounting for engagement rates, followers growth and impressions and profile views among other important metrics. There are audience analytics, insights on posts and stories as well, on this tool.
Here is a glimpse of engagement rates and followers growth of a business using Unbox Social analytics tool, on Instagram:
Audience insights for the same business on Instagram derived by the Unbox Social analytics tool:
On the Unbox Social tool, you can derive the social media analytics for various social media accounts. You can avail the 14-day free trial of the social media analytics tool to get a better understanding.
Although the analytics tool will help you track various relevant metrics, but the real challenge lies in identifying important insights and trends. The most important task is to derive actionables that will help provide a direction to your business.
Creating Social Media Reports
The process for creating a social media report varies from one analytics tool to another. We will discuss the process for generating social media reports through the Unbox Social analytics tool here.With this tool, you can create customised social media reports to meet your business needs.
You can easily create a social media report for various social media accounts on Unbox Social. Here is how you can go about to create a social media report using the tool offered by Unbox Social:
- Once you log in to the Unbox Social analytics tool, you will arrive at your social media dashboard. Head to the ‘Reports’ section on the left side of the page.
- In the Reports section, click on the ‘+’ sign to create a new report for any of your social media accounts.
- You will now arrive at a page, from where you can create a social media report in a matter of few steps.
- Select the type of report you wish to generate and click on the ‘continue’ button.
- Next, pick the social media platform- Instagram, Facebook, YouTube- for which you wish to generate the report. Here, you also need to add the social media account (s) for which you are generating the report. Click on the ‘Add account’ option and follow the step by step instructions to select the platform as well as the social media profile you wish to add. Once your social media profile (s) is added, click on the option to continue.
- Now, pick the format in which you want your report to be generated. You can go for a social media reports pdf or in the form of an excel sheet or even a ppt. You also have the option to generate a report in all 3 formats simultaneously. Continue to move to the next step.
- At the next step, you can select the period for which you wish to get the report generated and also schedule the frequency of receiving the report(s). You can either generate the reports for the last week, last month or even customize the period during which you want to create the reports. Then select the frequency for which you want to get the reports generated- immediately or on a month to month basis.
- Finally, click on the download action given at the bottom and go for the kill. In a matter of seconds, your report (s) in the desired format will be created and sent straight to your inbox.
Whether you are looking at boosting your conversion rates or simply trying to optimize on your content creation strategy, your social media report can provide a sense of direction. With in-depth insights and trends in your social media report, you can identify all your strengths as well as weaknesses. You can then go on your social media strategies accordingly.
Social media analytics tools can be helpful in tracking your social media growth. To add further perspective to your social media strategy, social media reporting is important. With detailed trends and insights on your performance, you can identify actionables for your business. If you are looking for a reporting tool for your social media accounts, go ahead and try the 14-day free trial of the Unbox Social analytics tool, now!