Influencers play a crucial role in boosting your B2B marketing strategies. Because influencer marketing is a relatively new strategy, its importance may not be fully realized by B2B entrepreneurs. Influencers refer to people who have a considerable following on social media sites like Facebook or Instagram. They can help increase the visibility of your company online. They can direct or affect the purchasing choices of their audience because of their level of engagement, credibility, and authority with their followers.
Learn how to include influencer marketing in your B2B marketing strategies below.
Work With the Right Influencers
You can gain a lot of benefits when you decide to use influencer marketing as a B2B marketing strategy. You just have to figure out how you can reach out to the right influencers to help market your brand to your target audience. Come up with a list of influencers that align with your brand values, industry niche, and target audience. Then send your products to these chosen influencers, or give them free access to your services. Once they have access to your products or services, they can easily share them with their followers.
Boost B2B Brand Awareness With Influencer Marketing
According to a marketing study, brand dollars are flooding the online space as more businesses invest in influencer marketing. It is believed that brands will spend $15 billion on influencer marketing alone by 2022.
Influencer marketing is ready to take the marketing space by storm. As a B2B company owner, you can significantly boost brand awareness by building a compelling influencer campaign. Here are some tips to help you out:
- Evolve Your Marketing Strategies: A study from the Influencer Marketing Hub showed that more than 300 new influencer platforms and agencies were established this year alone. This is a testament to the increasing popularity of influencer marketing among businesses. To stay competitive in your niche or industry, you need to evolve your strategies and make sure you’re keeping up with the trends.
- Connect With Influencers From Multiple Platforms: Businesses that use influencer marketing tend have higher ROI than those that rely only on traditional digital marketing. A survey from the Influencer Marketing Hub, for instance, found that for every USD$1 that companies spend on influencers, they earn USD$5.20.
Working with influencers from different social media platforms can help expand your reach. If you’re wondering where to start, a study that Linqia published this year showed that the top influencer marketing platforms for brands are the following:
– 97% of brands and marketers are planning to include Instagram posts as part of their strategy, while 83% plan to use Instagram stories.
– Facebook is third most popular platform, with 79% percent of marketers and brands including it in their future marketing plans.
– YouTube and Twitter round up the top 5 social media platforms for brands, at 44% and 35% respectively.
– TikTok is another emerging platform that shows a lot of promise. While only 16% of brands are planning to use this channel for their marketing campaigns, it’s the fastest growing platform at the moment. It’s definitely worth looking into.
LinkedIn Influencer Marketing
Some B2B companies might prefer a more formal or professional approach for their influencer marketing campaigns. LinkedIn is the perfect platform for this purpose. With more than 300 million active members, LinkedIn influencer marketing can be a game-changer for your brand.
To build an effective LinkedIn influencer marketing campaign is to realize that LinkedIn does not work just like any other social networking website. Many of the top influencers in the platform are followed by managers, team leaders, business owners, and major decision makers. These are the people that you want to become more acquainted with your B2B products and services.
Here are some important tips to keep in mind for your LinkedIn influencer marketing campaign:
- One of the best ways to know how to build a good LinkedIn B2B relationship with the people that you’re working with is by keeping a consistent approach. Take the time to get to know the influencers you want to work with, and give them plenty of opportunity to get to know more about your brand. Doing so will help you build trust and rapport with them better.
- According to the 2019 Digital Global Overview report, marketers and brands are more likely to appeal to men than women on LinkedIn, given the platform’s user demographics.
- LinkedIn’s 2019 report showed that they have more than 90 million users at a senior-level, 63 million key decision makers, and 17 million opinion leaders. By working with influencers, you can easily reach and engage potential clients.
- According to a study from the Sophisticated Marketer’s Hub, more than 55% of decision makers rely on LinkedIn to vet businesses and organizations to work with. This bodes well for your B2B business, as you can use influencer marketing to build a message that resonates with these decision makers.
Partnering With Industry Experts
When it comes to getting content for your brand, it’s always a good idea to partner with industry experts as a part of your B2B influencer marketing strategy. They can help you come up with relevant and appealing content that’s professional, up-to-date, and relevant to your brand.
Industry experts are different individuals depending on what type of profession they specialize in. You can also call someone like a teacher or a doctor an expert. These people are known for their knowledge in their particular area.
Here are some key considerations to keep in mind when working with industry experts:
- Even more than the trust people place on influencers they can relate to or influencers that are just like them, people also tend to trust highly educated specialists and experts more. A study from Edelman, a PR company, showed that 65% of their survey respondents trust the opinions of experts. On the other hand, 61% trust the opinion of their peers, while only 53% believe that regular employees are credible sources of information.
- According to a recent study, 90% of decision makers for businesses and organizations rely on the opinions of industry experts or their peers before they finalize a purchasing decision. By working with industry experts on your influencer marketing campaign, you can direct such decisions into your own B2B company.
To create an effective B2B marketing strategy, you should reach out and include the right influencers in your campaigns. Influencer marketing provides you with the opportunity to build relationships with your target audience using varying platforms and content.