Influencers have become an integral part of social media marketing campaigns. Moving beyond the traditional marketing techniques of bringing celebrity brand ambassadors on-board, today, marketing involves collaborating with social media influencers. Working with social media influencers allows you to build a buzz around your brand and market it effectively.
Instagram is one of the platforms where social media influencers showcase and promote niche content. Instagram influencers have a very strong presence on the platform and add to the endless pool of great quality content. Not only brands but every Instagram influencer also aims at showcasing their niche skills and content creation abilities.
Brands are always found to be tapping into this potential of influencers to market their own brand. You too can leverage these skills of social media influencers by following a set of tips and tricks and generate effective social media campaigns. But first, let’s look at some of the reason behind why you should be inculcating influencer marketing into your overall social media marketing plan.
Why Influencer marketing is a good option for your brand
- Influencer marketing is a lucrative marketing idea for your brand, especially when it involves working with Instagram influencers. Get access to some of the top-notch content creation skills, that have drawn the attention of many and compelled so many to interact and engage with that influencer.
- Access to a larger audience, by working with influencers with huge audiences.
- Influencer marketing will help you impact the lifestyle decision making choices of a large number of people.
In this sense, working with an Instagram influencer will complement your overall social media strategy. So now that you know how relevant influencer marketing is, for your brand, let’s jump into this step-by-step guide on building an effective partnership with an Instagram influencer.
A step-by-step guide to working with an Instagram influencer
Start with figuring out your goals and objectives
Let’s first look at what your goals and objectives behind bringing an Instagram influencer on board are. Is it because you want to enhance brand awareness? Or is it to boost engagement for your brand? Your goal could be associated with driving online sales for your brand or product?
Having clarity on what your goals and objectives behind bringing an Instagram influencer on-board are, is important to build social media strategies. Your goals and objectives are helpful in giving a sense of direction to your influencer marketing efforts. All your actions and efforts should be designed to feed into achieving that objective.
Once you have clarity on your goals and objectives with regards to your social media marketing strategy, you can move on to the next step.
Finding the right niche Instagram influencer
As easy as it may sound, the task of finding a niche Instagram influencer perfect for your brand, can actually be very difficult. But ,for your convenience we have compiled a set of criteria on the basis of which you can decide which Instagram influencer you should collaborate with.
- What is the niche industry to which the Instagram influencer caters to?
- What kind of content do they produce? Can their content be rated as good quality content?’
- Does their personal brand align with your brand?
- What are their outreach and engagement levels like?
You need to find an Instagram influencer creating fresh, original content. Such Instagram influencers with not just a huge following, but good engagement levels as well. An Instagram influencer could have a small follower base, but high levels of engagement on the platform. We are looking at such kinds of influencers for your Instagram. They may not boast of big vanity metrics, but at least have their engagement levels on point.
Their content should be top-notch and high quality, which are some very obvious pre-requisites. Watch out for Instagram influencers having too much sponsored content. Working with Instagram influencers having a good sense of creativity and content creation skills, is what you should be looking at. They should also be consistent with your content delivery. You should be looking at influencers who proactively post on social media, than those who post only once in a while.
A good way to find Instagram influencers ideal for your brand is through hashtags. All you have to do is go through the top hashtags that relate to your brand. This may be one helpful way to identify influencers to work with. You can then use the criteria mentioned above to decide which Instagram influencer could offer a lucrative partnership for your brand. You may also want to find out which influencers are your competitors working with. Since your competitors come from the same industry, you may want to look at the influencers that they have partnered with and drawn engagement on.
Once you’ve decided which Instagram influencer you want to work with, move to the next step of approaching them.
Approaching Instagram influencers for partnerships
When it comes to approaching Instagram influencers for partnerships, you need to be very clear and concise about your expectations. An important tip here is to create customized messages suitable for every influencer. Do not copy and paste the same message to different people. An Instagram influencer can easily catch on to such messages and will hardly pay heed to them. Only messages that are crafted especially for them will gain their attention and push them to look at what you are offering.
It is also important to find the right medium by which to approach an influencer. If you are planning on sending them a direct message, then chances are, your message may never get to be seen by them. So DMs are not a good option. A good idea is to approach them using email. Head to the profile of the influencer you want to approach and you will find a link that directly leads you to your email composition window.
Write out a clear message to them, putting out the details of what you are expecting from the partnership. Clearly lay out the deliverables you expect them to achieve, while also leaving the scope for them to put in their suggestions. Also share information on how you plan to pay them, at the same time allowing them to give their opinion on the same. The idea is to get the conversation started and understand the expectations of the other party as well.
Tips On How To Leverage influencer Partnerships For Creating Content
- Firstly, follow a fully collaborative approach. This basically means you put out your expectations about the way you want them to market your product. Or you can give a basic idea about your goal behind a particular campaign. At the same time, you should let them experiment with their creativity without being too particular about how they should go about it. Trust them for their content creation capabilities.
- Get them to conduct live demonstrations or product reviews for your brand on the platform.
- Pool them in for a long term commitment as a brand ambassador on Instagram.
- Let them conduct Instagram story and account takeovers, as well as live streaming sessions.
Apart from this, you can leave it to the influencers who are known for their skills as creators. You only need to make sure that you have clearly laid out your expectations to the influencer.
Influencers are independent creators offering their content creation and marketing skills, along with access to a huge audience base. When you are entering into a partnership or collaboration with an influencer, it is a commercial one. You will have to create a reward plan for different categories of influencers while giving the scope for them to negotiate. You could offer payments on affiliate basis or on the basis of a commission.
The price range of every influencer varies according to the following, engagement rates, project deliverables etc.
Monitor your influencer marketing efforts
When we say monitor influencer marketing efforts, we are talking about tracking your posts as well as those of your partner influencer. It is important to track the performance through both accounts to gain an idea about your campaign performance. Unbox Social is a social media tool that allows you to uncover important data on your Instagram posts.
Gain insights on important Instagram metrics and generate reports by the week, month or on a customised basis with the tool. The information and insights gained in the process will help you understand the impact of your campaign on your audience. It will help you assess if it is bringing ou the desired social media ROI.
It is important to monitor your influencer partner’s posts from the campaign as well. Gather all the data on your campaign performance from the influencer and measure the effectiveness of your campaign. This will help you arrive at a conclusion about what aspects of your campaign you need to rework on and which aspects are your strong points. These insights can help you find a direction for future campaigns.
Influencer marketing is one of the most lucrative techniques to draw audience attention to your brand on Instagram. If you want to leverage the content creation capabilities and large audience base of influence, here’s a set of steps to follow for increasing your engagement:
- Figure out what goals or objectives you wish to achieve out of the influencer marketing campaign on Instagram to get better direction
- Find a niche Instagram influencer whose personal brand aligns with your brand, has a decent follower base, caters to your niche industry and produces high quality content consistently
- Approach Instagram influencers using email and clearly lay out your expectations from the partnership, while leaving scope for them to share their expectations as well
- Follow a collaborative approach, allowing the influencer the space to work on their creativity
- Reward influencers for their content creation and marketing efforts, while keeping your budget in mind
- Monitor influencer marketing efforts using analytics tools