Around 78% of people around the world watch online videos every week. It is expected that online videos will push up consumer internet traffic by 82% in 2022. These numbers clearly point out how ‘video’ is not just the ‘in thing’, but it is here to stay.
As such, video content should be an important part of your social media strategy. Many brands are pushing out video content on YouTube to enhance brand exposure and build a connection with their audiences.
YouTube is a platform that your audience uses to not only entertaining themselves through music videos, mini-series’, movie and series trailers, and so on. In fact, YouTube is a resourceful channel that the audiences turn to, for learning new things, getting answers to their questions and getting problems solved with clarity.
Video has the power to bring good value to your audience when done right. If you aren’t already using the biggest video-sharing platform, YouTube to market your brand, you are wasting a great opportunity at building a community of followers.
In this blog, we will take you through the process by which you can create a YouTube channel for your business and optimize it for maximum traction.
Creating A YouTube Business Account From Scratch
Here’s what you need to do to get started with creating a YouTube business account-
Create A Google Account
If you don’t already have a Gmail account, you need to create one to set up a YouTube channel. The process for creating a Google account is very simple. All you have to do is sign up on Gmail with your basic details and set up a password for logging in.
Since you are planning to create a channel for your business, it would be a better idea to create a separate business email ID.
Once you have created your Google ID, you can move on to the next step, that is setting up a YouTube channel for your business.
Setting Up A YouTube Channel For Your Brand
You need to have a Google account if you want to set up a YouTube channel.
- Open YouTube and log into your Google business account.
- Once you have logged into your business account on YouTube, click on the account icon at the top right corner of your homepage.
- Select ‘Your Channel’ from the drop-down menu that appears.
- Click on ‘Create a new channel’. To create a channel for your business and, select the option ‘Use a business or other name’.
- Fill in your brand name and click on ‘Create’.
Once you have gone through these steps, your YouTube business channel will be set up.
Optimize Your YouTube Business Channel Art
Now that you have set up your YouTube channel for business, you need to start working on optimizing it. Your business channel represents your brand on the platform. You need to present the best possible version of your channel to attract audiences and get them hooked on to your brand.
Start with setting up your channel icon. It would be a good idea to add your brand logo for your channel icon as it will help increase brand recall amongst your target audience.
To add a channel icon, head over to the round icon next to your channel name. Click on the icon to upload your brand logo or any other relevant picture.
Ideally, the recommended size of your image should be 800X800 pixels, which will get reduced to 98X98 pixels on YouTube.
Now, set up a channel banner. Your channel banner helps you leave an impression on your audience. Make sure to use a nice, catchy image for your channel and follow the correct dimensions for the image. The recommended dimension for your channel banner image is 2560X1440 pixels. Once you add your banner image, you can use the crop and preview feature, to check if these are working or not. You can use Canva to create and edit creatives for your channel banner.
Here’s an example to inspire you-
Add A Catchy Description About Your Brand Channel
Whether you are a new brand or a well-established one, you need to work on creating a catchy, inviting description for your YouTube channel. Your description will play an important role in shaping how audiences view your brand on social media.
Take your audience briefly through what you are offering to them as a brand. Make it short and simple. The idea is to inform your audience about your brand with a brief description.
Use the channel description space to add relevant links, such as to lead your audience to your website. Also, leverage the channel description to add appropriate calls to action.
Add Team Members For Your Channel
You can also add team members on your YouTube channel for ensuring maximum efficiency. Allocate different responsibilities to your team members so as to make sure that your YouTube channel functions smoothly.
- To add team members, head to your channel settings, and click on ‘Add or remove managers’. Click on ‘manage permissions’.
- In order to add new members, click on the icon in the right corner.
Add the email IDs of your team members to give them access to the management of your brand channel.
- Once you have added your team members, click on ‘Invite’ and then select ‘Done’.
Verify Your YouTube Business Account
You need to verify your YouTube business account if you want to add videos longer than 15 minutes. Here’s how you can verify your YouTube channel-
- Head to the link- https://www.youtube.com/verify
- In the window that will appear, you need to select your country.
- Also, select whether you want to receive your verification code via text message or through an automated voice call.
- After making your selection, you will have to key your number or any other mobile number on which you would like to receive your verification code.
- Add the verification code in the relevant space and click ‘submit’. Click continue and you’ll be ready to go.
Once your channel is verified, you can enjoy the option to add longer videos and create custom thumbnails, as well.
Now that you have your channel ready, you can start adding and posting videos to your channel. To power up your YouTube campaigns, you can use a reliable social media tool such as Unbox Social. Monitor, analyze and keep a check on your performance on the platform using the tool.
Summing It Up
Setting up a business account on YouTube is very important if you want to tap into the huge scope of the platform. If you too want to make the most of the platform, here’s a quick snapshot of how you can create a business channel for your brand-
- Set up a Google account for yourself, in order to be able to create a YouTube channel.
- Log into YouTube and start creating a channel for your brand.
- Add creative and catchy channel art for your brand to leave a good impression on your audience.
- Insert a channel description which briefly sums up about your brand, with relevant links and calls to action.
- Add team members for your channel to allow them access to your YouTube brand channel.
- Finally, verify your account to be able to add long videos and customized thumbnails.